Quick disconnect fittings are a simple and speedy way to connect and disconnect fluid lines without the use of tools. They greatly reduce downtime between equipment changes, fast track serviceability, and prevent leaks and other safety hazards. With a broad range of types available and high adaptability, quick disconnects are an excellent way to increase productivity and create a safer system for your machinery.
Types of Quick Disconnect Fittings
There are many different kinds of quick disconnect fittings, with the two most popular being snap-type and non-latching.
- Snap-type: Also known as ball-latching, this type of quick disconnect is the most prevalent kind of attachment. It contains a spring-loaded mechanism that will lock the two halves when they are pushed together. This type of quick disconnect is very easy to operate because it’s able to quickly disconnect whenever the releasing sleeve is pulled back and can be detached with only one hand.
- Non-latching: Commonly used whenever quick serviceability is a top priority, non-latching quick disconnect fittings will often contain self-sealing valves in its two halves, which will immediately trap the fluid contained in the lines when the tube or hose is disconnected. There are many different forms of non-latching disconnects available from various manufacturers, so it’s important to find the one that is right for your machinery.
Quick Disconnect Factors to Consider
When it comes to finding the right quick disconnects to purchase, there are many things to consider. It’s important to figure out exactly what will lead to a perfect fit for your equipment, so ask yourself the following:
- What material is compatible with the fluids I’m working with?
- What type of hoses will I be using with the disconnects?
- Do the disconnects need a shut-off mechanism?
- Should the components be non-latching?
- Do multiple fluid lines need to be connected at the same time?
When you determine the answers to these questions, it’s important to ensure that you partner with a provider that will be able to deliver you with the perfect quick disconnects based on your needs.
The Best Quick Disconnect Provider in South Florida
Founded in 1926, Domer’s Inc. has made its mission to provide the residents and businesses of Okeechobee with top-of-the-line work and products of the highest quality. Our expert staff is happy to provide you with the best custom hydraulic hoses and related parts for your machinery to make sure you’re able to get your work done efficiently and safely. To learn more about our services, give us a call at 863-763-3417 today.